Dealing With Anxiety...

There are a few tips for managing anxiety, the main one in my opinion is to reassure yourself that you can't die from anxiety. As much as the tight chest, the tingly feeling in your arms and fingers and other truly horrible symptoms may make you feel like your dying, anxiety can't hurt you.

I'm not a doctor or psychologist, I'm just a normal person like you who has suffered from anxiety or is still suffering from Anxiety  but I did learn from health professionals that an anxiety attack can't harm me. Knowing that helped me cope with my anxiety, in fact it was one of the major tips that helped me overcome anxiety.

I used to get my anxiety mostly at night, or when going out, both scared the crap out of me my anxiety used to get so bad I felt so unreal and out of it. There is good news though I now very rarely have an anxiety attack. How did I do it...I think part of it was I got older and just refused to let it beat me.

I can thank Centrelink for solving my day anxiety because as much as I'd much prefer to stay at home in my safe zone, they gave me appointments here and there each fortnight and I just eventually just had to deal with it and eventually it become easier. I never went out alone though I always had someone with me. I can go out alone now I feel so much more confident and at ease.

My night anxiety was much harder to deal with, I remember laying down trying to go to sleep and all I could hear was my heart pounding and a horrible tingly feeling down my arms. I really thought I was having a heart attack on more than one occasion. It was just anxiety which I eventually found out but it was no consolation to me if I couldn't get it to go away.

I used to self medicate to make it go away and it worked until the next night and then it just became a vicious circle because alcohol can give you anxiety, so self medicating wasn't helping at all it was just prolonging the problem and making my anxiety worse....I seriously don't recommend it.

Try distracting yourself by reading a book or watching a movie even jump on Facebook and chat to your friends, that used to help me a lot. I had one friend who knew about my anxiety and helped me forget it for the night. If theres a family member available ask them to help you through it.

I used to get anxiety at night just because I was anxious that I was going to have an attack the next day, it was an awful feeling.

In my opinion though the best way to beat anxiety is to get professional help, I came across my help sort of accidently because of my self medicating. I eventually got really tired of drinking all the time and I went to a psychologist to help with my drinking and she helped me learn to cope with anxiety.

The other thing that eventually helped me is I just started to relax a bit more and knowing anxiety couldn't hurt me because my biggest fear was thinking I was going to die.

I started telling myself this can't hurt me over and over everytime I got an attack and eventually I started to believe it.

This is just my personal experience with anxiety and I'm sure others have different symptoms and different reasons for their anxiety, finding the root of your anxiety and understanding it should put you on the way to recovering.